Monday, May 14, 2012

3 2 1 Summary (Hannah)

3 Things I Learned:
  •  I learned about the French National Front's stance as anti-immigration.
  • I learned that Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan were actually very good friends, besides the fact that they worked together. I thought that was adorable :)
  • I learned that Ostalgie is a word to describe feelings of nostalgia for old Eastern ways of life. While people wanted the new democratized reforms and freedoms, they yearned for the stability and comfort that communist Soviet Union gave them.

2 Things I Found Interesting:
  • I found it interesting that Mikhail Gorbachev was trying to reform communism in the Soviet Union, but he actually helped to destroy it. 
  • I found learning about the ETA interesting because the only terrorist group we hear about is Al Qaeda. Also, the ETA is still active, trying to break the Basque country away from Spain.
1 Question I Still Have:
  • What Cold War tensions are still left in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment